Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Story Time

When I started this blog a few years ago. I was interviewing successful people and finding more about their careers. I wanted my life to be theirs. As time has gone on I have realized I am slowly becoming the person I want to become. The key is patience and being consistent. If there is anyone interested in being interviewed and having an article written about them I would love to do lunch.

I also love to write and have taken advantage of this blog to share things that I have written as well as using the blog it to promo my job as a loan officer.

I love being a loan officer. I have never been so happy with a job and its starting to turn into a career. I love helping people make their dreams come true of getting into a home or building their dream home.

I have written a very short story where a doll is given a great opportunity and everything falls into place.

"I remember the day like it was yesterday. Her mom carried me up the steep stairs. As she pushed open the door to her daughters room I fell in love. As I peered through the clear plastic of the box I was stuck in I saw a bedroom filled with a pretty blue castle, beautiful dress-up dresses, magical wands and bright yellow stars that covered the ceiling.
My eyes moved around the room scanning the walls covered in pictures of fellow princess’s. I instantly spotted the purple roof of my soon to be new home. As I looked inside I had never seen so many chairs and beds. Each bed was carefully decorated with hand stitched blankets and soft woolens.
The mother handed me to the child and as my new friend pulled me out of the package she screamed for joy. I looked up and saw her tiny freckled nose and big rosy cheeks. We looked into each others eyes and instantly we were best friends. I was everything she needed. She was everything I needed. She hugged me and didn’t let go for what seemed like hours. The painted smile on my face grew even wider.
We played together until darkness filled her window and her mother called her to go to bed. She took me by the hand and carefully placed me in the sheets beside her. She fell fast asleep with me tenderly in her arms.
Then the real magic began. All of my new friends came to pull me from her tight grasp. Each princess greeted me with open arms. They complimented me on my fine made yellow sparkling dress and long gloves. They all wanted to try on my shoes. After spending time getting to know each other we decided it was time for some fun and a pajama party. The music was turned on and the party began. I had never danced to my own song, “Tale as old as time”.
Throughout the night we took care rides with the top of the convertible down, the other girls fought over sitting next to Prince Eric. We went on horseback rides through the mountains. We made a fire, told ghost stories and roasted marshmallows. My favorite part of the night consisted of changing in and out of endless dresses and clothes. I never thought in my wildest dream I would try on Aurora’s beautiful pink dress. I was even more surprised when when I squeezed into Rapunzels purple dress. I never thought a princess could have so much fun. I never wanted to night to end.
As the soft morning light began to peek through the blinds we quickly cleaned up our mess, fixed our bed and put everything back in it proper and precise place. The princess’s then helped me climb back on top of the bed, under the sheets and into the little girls arms. It was the best night of my life."  

No comments:

Post a Comment