Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

behind the scenes

After interviewing a few people I decided it would be sweet to interview myself. Here's how it went down.

On his inspiration behind blogging.
I started blogging a lot when I was shooting a lot of pictures. I wanted people to see my work and it was an easy way to share photos with my clients. I created this blog do to my job hunting and seeking some career advice. My current job was ending and I decided to talk to everyone I could. I found out along the way that the information I was gathering could help others in similar situations. I want to help people.

On his recent photography career.
A few years ago I was laid off from my dream job working for an architecture firm. My amazing wife knew I had a passion for art and for photographs and she told my to go buy a professional camera and see if I can make some money on the side. I started an internship with an amazing photographer, Lindsey Hale. After a few months I decided to start advertising and got a few gigs here and there and then it turned into a lot of work and a blast. I think I had a wedding every weekend for a few months and family sessions every other day. My passion for creating memories expanded. I got involved in a teen fashion magazine based out of Texas, things just kept "falling into place". I am now pursuing a new career in the mortgage lending industry, but I still take my camera every where I go.


On his vacations this summer.
I think we are just going to go camping as much as possible. Its cheap and it helps to get away from cell phone reception and wifi haha. We wanted to go down to Sea World but I think we are just going to do a few staycations but next year is going to be big.

On his three year old daughter and 3 month old son.
I try and spend as much time as I can with my kids. Working two jobs and studying takes up too much of my time. I would give anything to come home and just play with my kids.There is something about jumping into their imaginary world that sets you free. Building forts and playing with dollies is where its at. I love when I come home from work and my little girl just runs, while yelling "Daddy, Daddy!", and jumps up into my arms. Nothing beats that.

No comments:

Post a Comment