Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bob, Babies, Beatles

Last night as I was watching my 3 month old little chubby boy play and talk I was able to learn a valuable lesson. I learned how to make my business better, I learned how to succeed with what life gives you.

Lets first talk about Bob. Bob is a man with "problems" just like the rest of us. As Bob finds a new doctor and the new doctor introduces him to a new way of thinking. "Baby Steps" as the title of the book goes. Teaches Bob about putting one foot in front of the other, small steps. It can also help us our goals, one step at a time. As Bob follows his doctor on vacation he begins to experiment with this new thought approach. He tries sailing. Sailing "on a boat far, far away from the dock". As we can see from the picture on the right, he is tied to the mast and he is covered from head to foot in life jackets. He is really sailing? Of course! He is on a real boat on real water. Was it hard for him to get on the boat? Sure! Was he sacred? Yes! He did it though.

What can we learn from my baby and Bob? Its very simple. My baby doesn't know how to move his hands very well, he cant crawl, walk or jump, he cant talk or even eat on his own and he wears diapers. And through all his relying on me to help him survive he still tries to do things on his own. He wants to hold the bottle, he wants to crawl, and he wants to talk. There is something built inside of us to want to succeed and accomplish tough tasks. Society and other influencing factors try to steer us away from succeeding and reaching our goals. I am here to blog to you, you can!

Think about it, how often do we give up when life gets tough. Having a hard time find a job? Why not trying to create a job you love! Having a hard time with Calc 1? Try picking up a paint brush. You might say its just not that easy Clint. Trust me I have been there, I have created jobs. I have also jumped out of college here and there to study something worth learning. My father, with an education of almost an PHD counseled me to drop out of college while I was at the U. Why? He knew my talents and my ambition and with those I could succeed. Just as I encourage my little boy to keep trying to hold his bottle. Having something to teach, love and encourage makes up the most of what we need. It doesn't just happen over night, it takes "baby steps". Bob needed some helping getting on the boat, he need someone to teach him he was going to be safe. "All we need is love" as the Beatles would say. There is some truth to that. Of course over the next few blogs I will provide some basic business principles to help you get over the saying "its just an idea".

My baby and Bob take small steps in the right direction to something they want and need. Why can't you?












No comments:

Post a Comment