Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

linebacker by day, trader by night

Preston James is constantly creating opportunities
When I met Preston for lunch at his mansion\office at the top of Olympus Cove, he was wearing jeans and a hat(something to do with being so casual). There I am standing with a shirt and tie on trying to impress. "Hey man! Come on in!". As I walked into the home I was blown away. Here is this immaculate home, with a breath taking view and Preston, so real and so chill. Yes he is very successful and at the same time he is down to earth, a former walk-on starting linebacker for a big name university and is now currently living his dream and following his passion educating stock traders.


Me: What school did you walk on as a linebacker?
Preston: It was up and the U. I was Ron McBride's first walk-on linebacker.


Me: How did you get into finance?
Preston: As I was growing up I always saw my dad with an adding machine. It was always around me. When I start college I thought what the heck lets look into this numbers and money thing. As I took a few classes I realized I loved it and completed a degree in finance. You have to find something your are passionate about finance was my thing.

Me: What advice can you give me and others starting up a business?
Preston: First of all your product or service needs to bless lives, that's our motto around here. Everything we do needs to bless others. You also need to be "king" of your service you are providing. Its all about positing yourself among the competition. Don't try and be good at everything, find a niche in the market and focus on that. Business has been around a lot longer than we have so its not going anywhere, don't just do the same thing the guys next door is doing, try a little hard to find something that no one else is doing.

Me: How do you position your company?
Preston: You need to let people know that being a member of your site is worth something. Sending potential clients through an application process helps us weed out the customers who want to make a quick dollar with those customers who are in for life and really want to know who to trade better.

My time spent with Preston was seriously priceless. I learned so much from him and his business partner. Oh ya when I left he handed me a box of girl scout cookies. He definitely sold me on his stock trading product and his way of conducting business.

Go check him out,  buriedtreasureonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment